Saturday, April 12, 2008

Books in Boston

I spent the afternoon at Boston's World Trade Center for the MARIAB Fair, part of the Boston Antiques Weekend. It was nice to see old friends, make some new ones and enjoy a few hours of good books. Thankfully the weather forecasters were proven very wrong indeed and the predicted deluge failed to materialize.

Ian's booth was impressive as always, and his worthy assistant was happy to show me his favorite selections from their stock. I caught up with Joyce there as well, so we had a brief book-bloggers reunion before I resumed my browsing-round.

Lots of goodies, and a fair bit of temptation, but I behaved myself today. I also forgot that I had my camera in my bag, which was awfully silly of me. It was a nice setup this year - there was even carpet on the floor!

If you missed today's events, there's still time - the fair is open tomorrow from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.