Thursday, December 20, 2007

Announcements

I have some happy personal news to share this morning, which I hope you'll all forgive me for:

- Yesterday I printed out and handed in my history thesis, 'A Library of the Most Celebrated and Approved Authors': The First Purchase Collection of Union College, An Introduction and Bibliographic Catalogue. It's been a long time in the making, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out in the end. I'll be doing some more posts about it in January, but basically it's an analysis of Union's first library (purchased between 1795 and 1799), comparing the collection to other early national academic libraries and discussing how the library was designed to complement and enhance the College's curriculum. I'm going to be working more with this project in the future, but right now I'm looking forward to a little break from it. It's good to be done!

- As of 2 January, I will begin full-time duties at the Massachusetts Historical Society as an Assistant Reference Librarian. I've been working at the MHS part-time since the fall of 2006, and am really looking forward to taking this next step. It's a wonderful and very satisfying place to work.

Also, I noticed when I logged in to Blogger this morning that this just happens to be my 1,000th post here on PhiloBiblos, so there's another milestone passed. I look forward to writing another thousand, and hope you'll all continue to stick around and read them.

More book-news shortly.